Dean, Bang College of Business
Bang College of Business
Қар 04, 2021
KIMEP University is looking for applicants to the position of Dean of Bang College of Business
To provide strategic leadership and strategic management in the academic and operational development of the College
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers Department heads, staff and students of college.
- Approves: work curriculum and syllabuses for disciplines; catalog of electives; individual academic schedules of students.
- Organizes and conducts professional orientation and hiring procedures for college.
- Supervises scheduling of classes, examinations, tests, and supervises their execution.
- Monitors and regulates organization of academic process, academic workshops and professional internships.
- Makes a notion for student transfer from one year of study to the next. Admits students to examinations.
- Gives permission take and re-take term examinations early.
- Ensure implementation of University-wide policies and regulations within the College
- Ensure the proper use and allocation of all resources - physical, information, human and financial, including delivery to plan within budget.
- Contribute fully to the University's corporate planning and communications processes and lead the development of College Plans, including the setting of income generation targets.
- Be responsible for the management of all staff in the College including, the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment.
- Chair the College Council and to uphold and promote the University's mission, vision and values.
- Assure the academic quality of academic processes and outputs (research, consultancy and teaching and learning), the maintenance of academic standards, and ensure a fair and appropriate service to students.
- Act as an ambassador for the College and the University to appropriate employers and other bodies, policy makers and other stakeholders.
- Operate as a member of the President’s Cabinet.
- Undertake such duties as may be commensurate with the post as required from time to time by the VPAA or his/her proxy.
- Organizes and implements innovative learning technologies, as well as the use of teaching aids.
- Works to strengthen and develop material and technical facilities of college.
- Brings to the College Board issues related to improving educational process as well as student training.
- Develops a strategy for development of college.
- Strengthens and develops external communications with employers and educational authorities.
- Examines educational market and labor market for majors provided at college.
- Supervises academic, educational and scientific work of college. Heads development and implementation of educational and vocational programs, curricula, academic course programs as well as all accreditation efforts.
- Organizes development of scientific-methodological and academic-methodological support of academic process.
- Develops intercollege quality system of professional education.
- Hold College Councils at least 6 times a year.
- Hold regularly scheduled meetings with Associate Deans and Chairs.
- Monitor staffing at departmental and college levels.
- Ensure course planning and teaching allocations are made before teaching commences.
- Assess and prioritise resource needs.
- Monitor all project work within college reporting as appropriate.
- Monitor and advise on college budget.
Teaching load: 1 course per year
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Applicants should have doctorate degree from internationally-recognized, accredited university. Applicants should ideally have 5 (five) years of senior level administrative experience at an Educational institute. Dean would normally be expected to be at least an Associate Professor with substantial academic experience.
KIMEP University is the leading, internationally accredited, English speaking academic institution in the Commonwealth of Independent States. It provides a world-class academic experience and a unique international environment to all its students and faculty. KIMEP was established in 1992 and has built a very strong regional reputation as a leading provider of higher education. All graduate and undergraduate programs are accredited by at least one recognized international accreditation agency. Academic programs are consistently rated in the top ranks by national bodies.
Almaty is situated at the base of majestic Tien Shan Mountains in Southeast Kazakhstan. About 2 million people live in or near Almaty because it is the financial, cultural, summer and winter sports and cosmopolitan capital of Kazakhstan. Kazakhstan is located in the heart of Eurasia with important commercial inroads bridging Asia and Europe. Boasting the Silk Road of the 21st century, Kazakhstan offers unique positions in oil and gas, economic development, and trade. With a transitioning economy that has witnessed fourfold growth over the past decade, Kazakhstan's dynamically changing economic, social, educational and cultural environment provides incredible opportunities for significant and original research.
Rank and salary are competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. Compensation after-tax compares favorably with net salaries in western countries.
Please use the "Apply" button and fill out the application form. Please attach the following documents to your filled application form:
- Cover letter that indicates the position applied, how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications, course(s) you can teach, and salary expectations
- Shortlisted candidates will later be required to submit 2 recommendation letters
Address any questions to: email@example.com
Closing date for submission of applications: November 3, 2021 (Wednesday, 11:59 pm based on Almaty time).
Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed and invited for interviews. The position remains open until filled.