Associate Dean for Executive Education Center / Faculty (open rank)
Executive Education Center
дек 11, 2021
The Executive Education Center (EEC) is looking for applicants to the following position:
Job Title: Associate Dean for Executive Education Center / Faculty open rank
Division: Academic Affairs
College: Bang College of Business / EEC
Position reports to: VPAA, Dean of BCB
Reporting to the Dean of BCB the position of Associate Dean for EEC is responsible for organizing and coordinating the work of the Center as well as having overall responsibility for the Center's financial profitability.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Day to day administration of the Center: Organize current and prospective planning of operations of Executive Education Center taking into account goals, objectives and directions for implementation of which EEC was created, ensure control over fulfillment of the planned tasks, coordinate the work of faculty members and other pedagogical staff for implementing the study (academic) plans and programs, development of necessary academic-methodical documentation.
- Supervision and management of faculty and staff of the Center;
- Strategic & Budget Planning
- Development and planning of academic and training programs, including programs for senior managers and executives, and curriculum of Executive MBA program;
- Faculty and staff hiring, promotion and retention:
- Recruitment of trainees in the executive education programs and students in the Executive MBA program; Take part in forming the student body and take measures to retain it, take part in composing the schedule of academic classes and other kinds of activities of students.
- Make proposals on enhancing the academic process and management of EEC. Take part in selecting and assigning pedagogical and other personnel, in organizing their professional development (if approved by KIMEP University management)
- Ensure financial profitability of the education programs of the Center
- Development and maintenance of effective corporate connections, links and partnerships;
- Jointly develop programs with corporate partners as may be needed;
- Ensure control over the quality of education processes and objectivity of assessing the results of academic and extracurricular activity of students, ensuring the level of training of students complying with the requirements of state education standard and standards of KIMEP University.
- Create conditions for development of working academic programs of the structural unit.
- Assist pedagogical staff in mastering and developing the innovative programs and technologies at the Center.
- Organize the work on preparing and holding the final examination sessions. Organize methodical, cultural and extracurricular work.
- Undertake control over the study load of students.
- Take part in preparing and holding the attestation of pedagogical and other staff of the Center.
- Ensure the timely preparation of the established reporting documentation.
- Take part in developing and strengthening the academic and material facilities of the Center, provision of modern equipment, manuals and technical means of learning, safekeeping the equipment and property, provision of libraries and methodical offices with academic-methodical literature, periodicals, methodical provision for the academic process.
- Organize signing contracts with the interested organizations for trainings.
- Undertake measures for creation of necessary social and working conditions for students and employees of EEC
- Observe the rules of occupational safety and fire safety.
- Represents KIMEP University and the Center at internal and external events as needed;
- Quality assurance and accreditation matters for the Center's programs;
- Ensure that all documents are maintained and up to date;
- Other duties as may be required by supervisor
- Must observe confidentiality of information relating to students and commercial secrets
- Shall follow all relevant administrative, civil and criminal legislation of RK
Teaching remission: Two classes per academic year, if faculty appointment. May be reduced by one at discretion of VPAA
Additional KIMEP requirements: Associate Deans would normally be expected to be at least an Associate Professor or an Assistant Professor with substantial academic experience
Not less than three years of managing academic programs, loyalty, integrity and commitment to high quality, leadership skills, experience working in or association with the private and public sectors, Master degree in business area, fluent in English, and in Russian and/or Kazakh, travel ability
Preferred Qualifications: PhD in Business Administration area; At least 5 years of academic experience.
Please submit the following documents to KIMEP University HR portal (via "Apply" button):
- Filled and submitted application form
- Cover letter that indicates the position applied, how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications and salary expectations (gross).
- Shortlisted candidates are required to submit 2 referees’ names/contact details and recommendation letters if desired.
Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.
Application deadline: December 10, 2021
Salary will be discussed with shortlisted candidates.
Only short-listed candidates will be informed.