Research & Communications Fellow
DPRK Strategic Research Center
июн 01, 2022
The DPRK Strategic Research Center of KIMEP University is looking for talented applicants to the following position:
Job Title: Research & Communications Fellow
Division: Office of the President
Department: DPRK Strategic Research Center
Position reports to: President and the Principal Investigator
Summary: The DPRK Strategic Research Center is looking for a motivated and proactive Research Fellow to work jointly with the principal investigator, Dr. Chan Young Bang, the Senior Research Fellow, and the staff of the center, on issues related but not limited to: North Korean economy, North Korean politics, Foreign relations of North Korea, Geopolitical issues on the Korean Peninsula and East Asia. Ideally, the Research Fellow should be equally versed in editing/proofreading and in administrative tasks.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage communications between the President and news editors, scholars, and potential partners of the DPRK Strategic Research Center;
- Produce both scholarly and news-oriented articles as dictated by the President for publication;
- Complete reading assignments of scholarly materials and articles as directed by the President;
- Conduct independent analysis and give presentations to the research team as conducted by the President;
- Maintain the content and interface of the DPRK Strategic Research Center website and social media accounts in collaboration with the marketing department;
- Act as a link between the DPRK Strategic Research Center and other departments at KIMEP University to ensure that the internal communications of the units function efficiently and effectively;
- Share supervisory responsibilities for student assistants in the DPRK Strategic Research Center and oversee administrative duties for the office;
- Coordinate or support the organization of DPRK Strategic Research Center events at the request of the President; and
- Undertake other projects and assignments at the request of the President.
- Fluency in English speaking (preferably native speaker) and writing skills;
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Economics, Journalism, History, Regional Studies, or a related field;
- At least 1 year of cumulative professional experience in a communications-related position;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- High level of competency in Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite, as well as familiarity with the WordPress content management system.
- Proficiency in Korean and/or Russian language
- Master’s degree in International Relations, Economics, Journalism, History, Regional Studies, or a related field.
Please apply here via the HR Portal (click "Apply" button above).
You are kindly asked to attach your CV, Cover letter and please mention your salary expectations to this position.
Application deadline: Open until filled
The review of applications can start on March 23, 2022.
Salary will be discussed with shortlisted candidates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed.